Monday, September 3, 2012

Akron Children's Hospital Visit - June 7, 2012

 I loved this hospital for its child friendly decor and they pay special tribute to all their therapy dogs present and past.  Above is a Shi Tzu and below is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel,, they also had pictures of Golden retrievers and Labs!!


 I also got to meet Petie!!  The only Therapy miniature Shetland pony in the world!!  He only visits at specific times and it happened to be the day I visited.
 Met these young people in the lobby!  They had a concert going on where kids from all over gave a Piano concert and other activities!



This little girl was all SMILES despite being in the Hospital !! So brave!  Glad I was able to make her smile!!
This little one wasn't feeling very well.  But she loved her pacifier and blankie!!  I remember how important my thumb and my blankie were to me when I was that little and I was healthy!  Her mom was so touched by me being there that she gave me a hug and my mom a hug too!  
 This is the newly built Craft room for the kids!  It has a ballet barre and dance floor.....
 This was a mini stage for acting and the door leads to a full recording studio!!!
 It is exactly what the sign says..... Create Heal Inspire!!!
 This is a homemade quilt designed by patients!!  Very inspiring!
 These are bottle caps that were pained and designed and then made into animal shapes!
 See the animal shapes behind us...made from bottle caps!  In the picture with me is Don and Jan , the best directors ever and our tour guide!
 Loved the hanging designs in the lobby!  Reminded me of my logo.... Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the Stars!!
 Found a poster that said North Coast!  That's me Miss North Coast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment